Seiten

Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011

My first commissioned quilt in progress


"Hey Miriam, do you have one of your dog blankets left...?"
"Excuse me?"
"Hhhmm, I mean one of you kilts,qilts...quilts???"

Do you see how well known quilts are in Germany?
Well what my friend (he was joking by the way) wanted, is to know if he could buy a quilt for his mother. I said "Sure, do you know what you want? Colour, pattern, style?"
Again: "Hhhmm, something with red." AHA!
"When do you need it?"
"On the 12th of May..." AHA!
"Ok so something easy and fast."
So funny when guys have no idea what style their mother like and when they don´t know about the time it takes to make something....
Well here is what I came up with: A very simple patchwork just made out of 28 10`` squares from a bliss layer cake. I think it is going to be really sweet. The top and the back are already finished, Saturday basting and quilting, sunday binding... Done!
My first, very easy, quick commissioned quilt.
Voila!

4 Kommentare:

  1. Congratulations! Nun können weitere Aufträge kommen ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i'm so glad to have found your blog! my family is moving to germany (frankfurt) in september of '12... glad to know there are a few quilters around :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh and Bliss...beautiful! I love bliss. =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. @Kelly:
    Unfortunately Frankfurt is a bit far away from Berlin, because we have a really nice little Modern Quilt Guild here...
    But I am sure you will find some nice quilting people in your area!!!

    AntwortenLöschen