Seiten

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012

Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt

Some quilts make me happier than others. A few days ago I finished a giant Star quilt.

  I really like it, but it doesn´t make me feel WOW inside. I think it will be a perfect picknick blanked for afternoons with friends in the park.

But this one makes me really smile. Its brightness and fun vintagy feeling is totally mine. And I really love the fact that I used spraps.
For example there is a little piece of purple owl fabric, which I bought in Australia 5 years ago. I remember my friend Caroline and me browsing Spotlight like crazy and then carrying fabris and notions into our campervan hugging and squeezing them with total love.
 I would be happiest person ever, if there were shops like this here in germany.
But back to the quilt. Every piece of fabric reminds me of something, and this makes it really special to me. A big YES for scrappy quilts!
So guys, enjoy your sunday,I definetely will!

4 Kommentare:

  1. Ganz toll geworden! Ich find´s auch schön, wenn man Lieblings-Scraps verwendet,die dann als "Erinnerungs-Faktor" in einen besonderen Quilt eingearbeitet werden. Der Rückseiten-Stoff ist total hip!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Love, love, love your scrappy log cabin quilt! Bravo!

      Löschen
  2. I absolutely love your log cabin quilt - its beautiful! I would worry about the star quilt getting muddy if it gets used as a picnic blanket. It would look lovely on a bed though.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Schöne Quilts, alle beide, aber ich bin bei dir, der bunte ist mehr Wow. Auch die Rückseite ist ja klasse!!
    Claudia

    AntwortenLöschen