Seiten

Sonntag, 3. Juni 2012

Sweet Weels Quilt

I call it the Sweet Weels Quilt. It looks like a mixture from weels and from lolipops. Too cute, I wan´t to eat it.
After I´ve sewn the weels with a little help from my friend the "easy dresden ruler" by Darlene Zimmerman, I followed this tutorial to make my dresdens into some octagons. Then it was just so easy to add some hsts and make it into proper Blocks. I so loove the look. And because it is still too small to make it a big bed quilt, I will add three borders from yellow, aqua and tangerine fabric. That will look wonderful, I think. for the wholes in the dresdens, I prepared little paper pieced octagons, and after I finished these I noticed that they are way too small. But I have alittle idea for that, too. So the whole quilt is some experiment, which makes me smile.
And thats good, because I ´ve been in a little depressed mood recently...
Good that just a little work with fabric can cheer me up a little. I hope that always works for you, too.
Have a wonderful week. Mine will start very exciting, maybe I will tell you about that, soon...

4 Kommentare:

  1. Die Blocks sehen wirklich fröhlich aus, wie diese gestreiften Erdbeer-Sahne-Zuckerl -und natürlich sehr hübsch genäht!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das wird ein super Quilt!!!
    Wo hast du denn diesen dresden ruler her, so etwas suche ich schon länger?
    Liebe Grüße, Ulli

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Liebe Ulli,
      ich habe ihne online gekauft. Wo, weiß ich nicht mehr. Aber wenn Du einfach easy dresden ruler eingibts bei Google findest Du ihn bestimmt.
      Liebe Grüße,
      Miriam

      Löschen
  3. Das Muster gefällt mir sehr gut, und die Farben sind richtig schön frisch. Ich bin schon gespannt auf den fertigen Quilt :)

    AntwortenLöschen